Monday, August 4, 2008

Benign Essential Tremor and Blood Sugar

Ever since Junior year in High School, 1986, I have been dealing with a symptom called "Benign Essential Tremor". This condition hinders me to only being able to write my name in script. Everything else I have to print. It gets worse if I am under stress. Caffiene does not affect the syndrome.

Oddly enough, I have noticed that since I am lowering my blood sugar and also my weight, my nervousness tended to get worse. I find that strange.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not a doctor but I've had ET since 1978. (Then called Familial Tremor) I too find that when my blood-sugar is low that I shake more. I believe this is caused by ET amplifying the natural tremor that occurs when people are very cold or hungry.

Caffeine increases my shaking while alcohol greatly reduces it for a time.