Monday, August 4, 2008

New Menu based on the "TLC Diet"

Since my meeting with the Cardiologist, I have been using the "Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet. This literally means -

Eat lots of fruits and vegetabls and fish
Limit chicken to 3 servings per month
Limit pork to 2 servings per month
Limit beef to (1) 4-oz serving per month

In addition, I have been getting daily exercise for at least 60 minutes each day since that meeting.

I have noticed =
* increased energy
* hungery not all day
* loss of weight

I also have to continue limiting myself to 200 mg of diatery intake of cholesterol each day, in order to reduce my cholesterol levels. this means that if I want an egg, it will have to be either the egg whites only or an egg substitute, since the yolk of one egg contains 249 mg of dietary cholesterol by itself.

No comments: