Friday, February 1, 2008

Diary Entry for Feb. 1 & Doctor's Visit

Today is the day I go to the doctor. Went out last night. Due to no exercise this morning, my sugar was higher than what I normally have.

Bk and L will be the same as yesterday. Dinner tonight is at mom's. Tomorrow's BK and L are at mom's. Then I am back home for dinner.

BG:
7:15 a.m., 135

I will update this later today on results from Doctor's visit.

10:25 a.m. Update:

Here is the update from the Doctor's visit. As for the HbA1c test, that will be done in 2 months. Doctor Bostick wants to see a 4 month track. My cholesterol is ok. When that test is done, I will also get my cholesterol numbers. Dr. Bostick also told me the ranges I need to be in:
Fasting Glucose Reading: 125-135, but if I can get it closer to 100, that is fine as well.
2 hrs. post meal: 150 or less, with absolute max 175 or less.

He still wants me to have between 45-60 grams carbs per meal. This is needed to make the medication work.

As for my weight update: Officially I have dropped 19 lb. since the last visit, which was Dec. 6, 2007.

As for my ideal weight goal: Dr. Bostick told me 230 lb.

So now my next visit is in 2 months. I go in and get blood work done - HbA1c, cholesterol, etc., and then come back 3 days later to talk to Dr. Bostick.

Update for today @ 9:21 p.m.:
Lunch Menu =
1 tilapia filet, broiled
5 grilled shrimp
1/4 cup parmesan cheese sauce
1 cup steamed broccoli florets
1/2 cup steamed brown rice
1/8 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup grated cheese on top of tomatoes
1.5 cups spinach & artichoke dip
1 handful of tortilla chips
water with lemon (3 glasses), approx. 12 oz. each

Dinner:
1 duck breast
1 duck leg
1 cup cauliflower w/ 1 tbsp butter/bread crumbs sauce
1/2 of a whole sweet potato, peeled and baked
(1) 12 oz. glass of water

Also had 12 oz. of water prior to dinner and one 12 oz. glass of water after dinner.

No comments: