Monday, February 4, 2008

Diary Entry for Feb. 4, 2008

Well, this starts a new week. I had a great weekend. I spent time with my mom in Huntsville. She enjoyed having me there. We worked in the backyard together cleaning up from the last storm and from the kiwi cuttings. I helped get her computer running faster as well. Last night I started working on my taxes. I might actually get something back this year, which will go into savings.

My weight this morning showed 306.1 lb. My goal is to get down 20 lb before the next office visit in April.

This mornings glucose was good for me to start with. All this week, fish will be on the menu. I want to eat more fish than other meats.

Menu =
BK: fiber one, 2% milk, 1/4 cup diced fruit, 1 cup kefir, hot tea

L: herrings in wine sauce with white onions, 2 slices wasa crisp bread w/ cream cheese, hot tea

D: salad w/ tuna fish, 1/2 diced avocado, vinaigrette, hot tea

BG:
6:30 a.m., 117 (pre-bk)

Exercise: none this morning.

2/9/08 Update: My BG this evening was 110 at 6:14 p.m.

1 comment:

Loren said...

Doing well Dirk! Keep it up.

My Dietitian told me to eat "oily" fish (eg. salmon, sardines, tuna) at least 3 times a week. But I'm not really a big fish fan. I sometimes eat canned tuna but thats about it.