Thursday, January 31, 2008

Diary Entry for Jan. 30 & 31, 2008

It is so hard for me to get my morning fasting number down. I can eat practically nothing (basically only protein) the night before and my morning number is still in the range of 100-110. According to the diabetes educator, I should have my glucose in the mornings between 65-99. Maybe it gets better as I drop weight. I have not noticed any reduction yet when I came down from 313 to 307. Tomorrow I am going to the doctor at 8 am to get a full bloodwork done - A1c, cholesterol, tryglycerides, sodium, you name it. I need this info and will post it here.

Yesterday was a little sad. I found out in the morning from my boss that one of the engineers that did drawings for us has died. He was a good friend and fun to talk with. I enjoyed talking with him. I will go to the memorial service on Sunday afternoon. Other than that, it was relatively calm for me at work. I checked my sugar only 2 times yesterday. Same goes for today.

Yesterday, I started with a new breakfast and loved it. For lunch had a salad w/ chicken and for dinner had fish and veggies. Today is same breakfast, a salad for lunch and dinner is not yet planned.

Jan. 30:
Menu -
Breakfast:
Fiber One (1/2 cup) 11 net carbs
2% milk (1/2 cup) 6.5 net carbs
hot tea

Lunch:
Sweet Peppers Deli Grilled Chicken Salad w/ ranch dressing
hot tea


Dinner:
Asian Pot Stickers
Grilled Tilapia
4 Grilled Shrimp
broccoli (steamed)
creamed cauliflower
sauteed button mushrooms
water

Jan 30 BG:
6:36, 107 (after 30 minutes rower)
9:24 p.m., 124 (2 hrs after dinner)

Jan 30:
Menu:
Breakfast:
1 cup Fiber One
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup orange wedges

Lunch:
Salad like yesterday

Dinner:
Fish
veggies

Jan. 30 BG:
5:45 a.m., 129

No comments: